ACTIVE POSTING SEASON (APS) 2020 AND COVID -19 CANFORGEN
"MANY OF YOU WILL HAVE NOTED ALREADY THAT HOUSE HUNTING TRIPS HAVE BEEN PAUSED. THIS IS NECESSARY IN THE INTERESTS OF ALL CAF MEMBERS, THEIR FAMILIES, AND COMMUNITY SAFETY IN THESE UNPRECEDENTED TIMES. THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT POSTINGS ARE CANCELLED NOR THAT THE POSTING SEASON WILL NOT OCCUR". CDS
The Chief of Defense Staff released a CANFORGEN (049/20) with direction on APS 2020 and the effect of COVID-19 on the posting cycle. Below are some of the highlights of the communiqué, condensed for simplicity and brevity. Direct all questions and solicit direction from your Chain of Command.
"MEMBERS ARE REMINDED THAT YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO INCUR ANY MOVE COSTS WITHOUT A POSTING INSTRUCTION. THESE EXPENSES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO BE REIMBURSED". CDS
Here are the overarching points in CANFORGEN 049/20:
- "Future posting instructions, for other than specific operational or essential posts, will be paused until further notice - the overall number of postings involving moves will be reduced with the focus being on the ones assessed as critical to caf operations and the institutions' needs... If you have been advised that a posting is pending and you have specific requirements and/or concerns, you must address these with your unit commanders and career manager asap so that leadership is aware.
- Members who have already received a posting instruction with a COS date that is now approaching as well as those who have completed their HHT and secured accommodations at the new place of duty will continue with their relocation as planned.
- If you have received a posting instruction that involves a cost move out of the area, and have not yet conducted your HHT, you are to wait for further direction... This subsequent direction will be issued in the coming days and weeks depending on the priority of moves.
- Posting instructions that do not require a cost move will be issued in due course.
- If you have received an OUTCAN screening message and commenced screening, continue to do so understanding this process is subject to slower-paced activity given the current situation...subject to review by VCDS.
- Currently, no OUTCAN DP moves are authorized.
- Currently, posted OUTCAN and have received a posting message, you are to plan to remain in place, if safe to do so, until such time as direction is passed to relocate.
- Imposed restriction (IR) will continue to be authorized.
- Contingency cost moves for personal reasons, compassionate status and compassionate posting will continue to be authorized".
"LEADERSHIP UNDERSTANDS THE ACTIVE POSTING SEASON (APS) IS A STRESS POINT FOR CAF MEMBERS AND THEIR FAMILIES AT THE BEST OF TIMES. THE ADDED UNCERTAINTY OF COVID 19 HAS NECESSITATED A REVIEW OF THE UPCOMING POSTING PLAN AND ITS EXECUTION". CDS
- This collection of information has been compiled as a quick reference. Do not make decisions based on this info without confirming all information with your chain of command.
- MovingForces.com ForcesMobiles.com takes no responsibility for the accuracy or currency of this info. It is provided as a courtesy and should not be considered as a primary source of information for any decisions including financial ones.