Q: What kind of award do teeth never want to get? (answer below)
Dad jokes aside, here is everything you need to know for your teeth!
Dental Claim form
The Dependents' Dental Care Plan (DDCP)
- Policy number is 557777
The Plan Participant Identification Number is your
- PPIN = Service Number
Dental plan changes effective 1 Jan 2019:
- The current yearly maximum reimbursement for dental services of $1,700 will gradually be increased over a three year period as follows:
- $2,000 per year starting on January 1, 2019
- $2,250 per year starting on January 1, 2020
- $2,500 per year starting on January 1, 2021
- Eligible dental implants will be covered.
- Replacement fillings for the same tooth and surface will be covered for eligible children only every 12 months after the initial filling was done, instead of once every 24 months.
- Services and supplies needed to treat congenital or developmental malformation will be covered for children until age 21, instead of age 19.
- The allowable break in service to become eligible for the plan is extended to 7 days, instead of 5 days.
- Reimbursement for up to two units of extra scaling and/or root planning may be approved retroactively, if the application is made within 3 months of the service.
- Oral hygiene instructions will be eligible for reimbursement once per calendar year for children and remains eligible once per lifetime for an adult.
- Participants under suspension can keep their coverage if they pay the required contributions quarterly in advance.
- To reduce unnecessary costs while ensuring plan participants do not experience a reduction in services, duplicative charging (i.e. charging twice) for the following services will no longer be allowed:
- Trauma control when it is done during a treatment for caries or pain control (note: traumatic dental injury remains covered);
- Enlargement of the canal or pulp chamber billed separately from a root canal treatment;
- Dental professional peer consultation costs as these are already included in the original examination fee covered by the Public Service Dental Care Plan;
- The assistance of a second oral surgeon invoiced in surplus of the charges already billed for a procedure.
To learn more about the Public Service Dental Care Plan, visit Canada.ca
Snapshot of coverage as outlined in the Coverage Booklet
Annex B - covers all Eligible Dental Services
Annex C - outlines Exclusions and Limitations
- NEW Reimbursement limit of $2,000 per calendar year per covered person for all eligible dental services (except for orthodontic services)
- Maximum reimbursement amount of $850 per person for that year, if you, your eligible spouse or common-law partner and/or children join the DCP on or after July 1 of any given year (excluding orthodontic services)
- Orthodontic services are subject to a separate lifetime limit of $2,500 for each covered person for all eligible orthodontic services
- The annual deductible amount is $25 per covered person. However, where eligible expenses are incurred for more than one person in a family in a calendar year, the deductible amount will be limited to $50
- Claims must be submitted to the Plan Administrator within 15 months of the date on which the expense is incurred
- If you are posted OUTCAN you cannot submit electronic claims; you must use snail-mail
answer: A Plaque!